With the Autodesk way, the end user needs to:
- Copy the txt file into the correct location.
- Use a text editor like notepad or excel to edit/add/delete family types.
- Can only be exported from a Family Document, not a project document.
- Know the exact family parameter names and syntax of the text file for it to work.
- Type catalogs created within Revit and the project environment.
- No need to even load the family.
- GUI for editing, adding and deleting parameters and types.
- Family cleanup when catalog is created.
- Inbuilt units converter.